Virgin to Innocence


Virgin to Innocence

There was a time once, when i was a young naive girl joyously giggling to the praises of my father. A time when the warm smile of my mother and her tender touch brightened the world into vibrant rainbows of euphoric delight. It was a magical time, a time of youth, and a time of lies.

I was but a child when he first came for me, my father. Not for the perverse touch of my unripened flesh, the sickeningly sweet offerings my young body held. No, he came for something far more dear to me, my dreams. At the foot of my bed he would stand, a grin torn from ear to literal ear with his rows of jagged violent teeth gleaming with malice in prelude to his feast.

"Dear little sweet, sleep and let me eat." He would chant his mantra as my innocence cowered and feared. My dreams of wonderlands and rainbows growing dark blistered and putrid. The colors fading to become darkness and taint, the essence of his will devouring all that was life and left naught but filth. At those times the night would fill with my torched screams, the sounds of me soul being eaten away as little by little i died inside.

Finally there came a night, a night when he stood there ready to feed, but he found no girl asleep or delicious dreams to knead. He had been foolish and greedy in his meals and had mistakenly let me see behind the secret veil. I knew his intent and his game, knew the time he would come back to play. His grin had faltered as realization finally set in, the gun cabinet keys had been missing again. He shook his head with frighting glee and raised his hands to congratulate me. "Well done my little sweet, you were by far my favorite treat." One shot was all it took as he fell back like the closing pages in a story book.

Till this day my dreams remain black, my innocence lost to his maniacal laugh.
 

1 comments: